Preparing Pictures for Digital Projection
When you are preparing pictures for the club’s digital projector it's important that:
- LANDSCAPE - Images are not wider than 1600 pixels or taller than 1200 pixels;
- PORTRAIT - Setting the height to 1200 means the width will be less than 1200;
- SQUARE - Images will be 1200 x 1200;
- Do NOT fill any unused area - this is not required.
Save each of your resized images as a jpg file with minimum compression (100% quality) and use the sRGB colour profile.
Use the following format of file name, that is
- Title--Your Name--Priority.jpg
Use the priority number 1 to indicate your strongest image, 2 for the next and then 3 for the weakest. In the event of a large entry we may remove priority 3 images.
If only two images are allowed, use 1 for your stronger image and 2 for the weaker.
When you save each file please check that the software hasn’t added a second .jpg to the file name,
- e.g. file name.jpg.jpg
- Wild Eagle--John Smith--2.jpg
- Arches under the Railway Viaduct--Fred Jones--1.jpg
Check the file-size and name in the operating system (right click and look at properties).